What Are Soft Play Franchise Opportunities?
Soft play forms a big part of every person's life. From early years right up until late childhood, as well as parents, soft play centres and equipment has risen in popularity amongst families. Maybe a family looking for something to do on a rainy day. Or a flick through a local magazine sparks interest in a local activity centre. Or it might be a parent looking for somewhere to host their child's birthday party.
There are many different types of soft play franchises in the UK, and many of which are franchises.
Franchising - An Alternative to Employment & Starting Up a Business
If you're looking for an alternative to employment, or you're simply looking for a career change, there are a few directions you can take. You can either start up a soft play business from scratch, or you can go down the franchising route.
Where the former will require you to design a brand, find partners and suppliers and do most of the legwork, a franchise for sale enables you to get a head start. With franchising, you'll be buying the rights to trade as an already-established soft-play business but in your own area. The advantage to you - business ownership within a proven brand and in a fully supported sector. The benefit to the franchisor - increased brand recognition network-wide and ultimately, more business for them and their franchisees.
More and more people are choosing franchising as an alternative to employment because:
- Full training and support is provided
- Soft play equipment will be provided
- You get access to a proven business model
- You are not alone, unlike starting up a business from scratch
- You get a wealth of marketing support and materials to help get your business off to a flying start
What Types of Soft Play Franchises Are Available?
One of the biggest and most recognised types of soft play business is a soft play centre. However there are other types of children's activity franchises too.
Soft Play Centre Franchises
Soft play centres for sale will usually require a premises and the size of the venue required will depend on the franchise. Soft play centre franchises will often have multiple revenue opportunities, from general admission through to parties and food. With this does come higher overheads from assets like staff and safety measures. However in your due diligence, explore the market and determine whether there is a demand for soft play centre franchises in your area.
For those without premises, there are many other types of soft play businesses which can be run on a solo operator basis. Some of these include:
Bouncy Castle Franchises
Bouncy castle franchises for sale will often be van based. You'll hold stock of several types of bouncy castles ranging in size. Using your van, you'll hire out this bouncy castle soft play equipment to people. Typically you'll charge the client per hour of hire either at their own property (eg a garden or lawn), set up requiring no more than 30 minutes of the franchisee's time. Clients will usually hire for several hours but sometimes even a week at a time, and during the hire period you can serve other clients. The money rolls in whilst you spend your time finding more clients. Clients may be parents looking for an at-home birthday party, or you might set up at a local community fair or event (eg car boot sale) and charge admission for one of your bouncy castles.
On a broader scope, generic soft play equipment may be hired out to clients not just limited to bouncy castles. These too will be van based with minimal overheads.
Baby Sensory Franchises
Children's sensory and movement franchises often involve soft play and can either be operated alongside an existing soft play centre business, or at a local venue. Baby sensory children franchises are growing in demand thanks to their relaxing effect on both babies and parents.
Another type of soft play related franchise is a nursery franchise. Many households have two working parents and it can be a struggle to find someone to look after the kids during out of term time. Nurseries for sale require a premises / venue but will be heavily involved in soft play related activities.
Benefits of Investing in a Soft Play Franchise
There are many reasons to invest in a soft play franchise UK. First of all, you'll be providing a service to your community. Many mums and dads frequently use soft play centres for their child's enjoyment, and soft play centres are a fantastic way to engage with your community by running themed and seasonal events.
On a personal level, soft play franchises for sale can enable you to take control of your career and run your own business. You will benefit from the support of the franchisor, who will be able to provide you with everything you need. This includes finance support and health & safety related resources as well.
Trending Soft Play Franchises
- Tinies Childcare Franchise - Looking to get into business for yourself but not by yourself? Tinies Childcare Franchise is able to offer just that. With comprehensive training and support, franchisees will regain control of their career with the luxury of business ownership. Tinies Childcare Franchise is a trending franchise opportunity which can be run from the luxury of your own home. As a home based franchise, Tinies Childcare Franchise franchisees can benefit from low overheads, and a flexible lifestyle. Conveniently for many, the Tinies Childcare Franchise can be run either full or part-time. Therefore the more work you put in, the more you're likely to get out. The Tinies Childcare Franchise business has been established since 1975 so franchisees will have peace of mind that the business model has plenty of experience under its belt. Mistakes will have been made by the franchisor, but they'll have been learnt from, and perfected by other franchisees. Tinies Childcare Franchise already has 30 franchisees, so opportunities are selling very quickly. You should get in touch with the franchisor to check whether your territory is still available to trade in. Territories are usually broken down by postcodes. - Find Out More About Tinies Childcare Franchise
Soft Play Franchises Success Stories
Get an insight into a day in the life of a franchisee with Soft Play Franchises success stories. Read interviews with existing franchisees and learn about why they chose to become a Soft Play Franchises franchisee.
No case studies
Latest Franchise News
Read the latest Soft Play Franchises news and stories below including Soft Play Franchises awards, achievements and franchise developments within the Soft Play Franchises sector.
No recent news stories
Upcoming Discovery Days and Events
If you are interested in Soft Play Franchises then learn more about upcoming franchising events and discovery days below.