Wilkins Chimney Sweep, Established in 1895, are offering a unique opportuni...
Add to Enquiry Basket
Start a leaflet distribution management franchise business with DOR-2-DOR a...
Add to Enquiry Basket
What are home based franchises?As the name suggests, home based franchises are franchises which you can run from home. Working from home is a luxury many can only dream of, but with a home based franchise, you can work your own hours and fit the business around your personal commitments. Home based franchises can be run from home, which means you'll usually only need a laptop and phone. There are many types of home based franchises, and home based franchises more often than not, tend to be low cost franchises as well. The affordable nature of these businesses, and the attractiveness of the opportunity to work from the comfort of one's own home, makes home based franchises a popular opportunity. Home based franchises are perfect opportunities for parents. Parents may find that they need to fit their working hours around school time and so home based franchises go hand in hand with family commitments. Home based franchises for parents won't necessarily mean you're sat in front of a computer all day. There are a wide range of home based franchises for sale.
Types of home based franchisesYou'd be surprised just how many franchises can be run from home. Ideally you'd want some kind of designated office space within your home, but the number of franchises that can be run from home are endless. Some of the popular home-based franchises are listed below:
- Dog walking franchises - pet franchises are growing in demand, supported by the fact that 41% of households had a pet in 2020 (source: finder.com). With dogs being the most popular type of pet, it's no wonder that dog walking and dog grooming franchises are very popular.
- Cleaning franchises - cleaning franchises are usually a type of management franchise - a business model where you don't need to do any hands-on work yourself (unless you wish to). In the management franchise scenario, you'd be managing the day to day marketing and running of the business, whilst a team of staff (such as cleaners, or dog walkers) would be carrying out the laborious work.
- Internet based franchises - there are a wealth of franchises which can actually be run online. From HR businesses to web design, all internet businesses can be run from home. You may find yourself travelling to meet clients, but either way you'll have struck off the 9-5 working hours and morning and evening commutes.
Benefits of working from homeWhen you're running a business from home, there are a number of benefits which may or may not be immediately obvious. Firstly you'll be saving money not having to commute. Depending on how far your pre-franchise commute was, this may also outweigh your electricity running costs for your computer or laptop. Don't forget that franchises will ask for an upfront investment when buying a franchise, which covers the costs of the license to trade under their brand name, along with everything you need to start up the business and trade effectively in line with the operations manual. You'll want to learn about the break even point when expressing interest in a franchise - the time it takes to make back your investment, and start earning a profit. Another benefit of working from home, an obvious one, is that you can spend more time with your family. Many work from home franchises will be part time or flexible in terms of working hours, because you are your own boss. So long as the work is done, the business is yours to control (inline with the operations manual of course). Being able to work your own hours is a dream for many, but it's also good for your health. It'll mean less stress and you can be more comfortable in your working environment. A concluding benefit, and a point I mentioned before, is that they're usually low cost too with minimal overheads. When compared to a food franchise (which would require stock, a shop/kiosk and staff), working from home has its perks in that apart from monthly royalty fees, outgoings are minimal and you keep most of what you earn. With the fact that you only need a laptop, a phone and a house to work in, home based franchises are very much low cost franchises.
How to run a home based franchiseThe first steps to running your own business from home, under the brand name of an established franchisor, is through reaching out to the franchisor. Once you've made an initial enquiry, the franchise will tend to send you their franchise prospectus brochure which includes more details compared to their franchise advert. This might include case studies from existing franchisees, it might include details about the earning potential and investment required as well. If after you've read the franchise brochure, you're still interested, then the franchisor may invite you to their head office for a meeting or a discovery day. You can then meet with the franchisor face to face, and get more information about the operation of the business, perhaps meet some existing franchisees as well to find out what they love about the franchise.
Trending Home Based Franchises
- Dor-2-Dor Franchise - Dor-2-Dor Franchise is a trending franchise opportunity which can be run from the luxury of your own home. As a home based franchise, Dor-2-Dor Franchise franchisees can benefit from low overheads, and a flexible lifestyle. One of the benefits of Dor-2-Dor Franchise is that the business can be run on a part-time basis, adapting to your own lifestyle whilst being your own boss. The Dor-2-Dor Franchise business has been established since 1987 so franchisees will have peace of mind that the business model has plenty of experience under its belt. Mistakes will have been made by the franchisor, but they'll have been learnt from, and perfected by other franchisees. Dor-2-Dor Franchise already has 70 franchisees and counting, so you'll need to get in touch to check if your franchise is available. Franchise resales might be available too, where Dor-2-Dor Franchise businesses are sold with an existing customer base where the previous franchisee wishes to move on. - Find Out More About Dor-2-Dor Franchise
- Wilkins Chimney Sweep - Wilkins Chimney Sweep is a trending franchise opportunity which can be run from the luxury of your own home. As a home based franchise, Wilkins Chimney Sweep franchisees can benefit from low overheads, and a flexible lifestyle. One of the benefits of Wilkins Chimney Sweep is that the business can be run on a part-time basis, adapting to your own lifestyle whilst being your own boss. The Wilkins Chimney Sweep business has been established since 2011 so franchisees will have peace of mind that the business model has plenty of experience under its belt. Mistakes will have been made by the franchisor, but they'll have been learnt from, and perfected by other franchisees. Wilkins Chimney Sweep already has 14 franchisees, so opportunities are selling very quickly. You should get in touch with the franchisor to check whether your territory is still available to trade in. Territories are usually broken down by postcodes. - Find Out More About Wilkins Chimney Sweep
Home Based Franchises Success Stories
Wilkins Chimney Sweep 56565 Case Study
Discover why 6565656 decided to take control and operate the Wilkins Chimney Sweep 56565 franchise territory.
Latest Franchise News
Read the latest Home Based Franchises news and stories below including Home Based Franchises awards, achievements and franchise developments within the Home Based Franchises sector.