The Demand for Pet Businesses
Pets - everyone loves them. In fact more than 50% of households in the UK have at least one type of pet, being host to more than 50 million (source: Statistica, quoting 59% in 2020). I have a cat sleeping right beside me now, and I’m sure you’ve got some form of pet at your house too. There are a wide range of animals kept for pets, from more common species such as cats and dogs, to goldfish and frogs, as well as more exotic pets such as snakes and dragons.
Pets give us great comfort. Whether we’ve got children about the house enjoying the presence of a dog, or the elderly who are looking for some comfort in the companionship of a mature cat or dog, there’s nothing like the feeling of loving and comforting a pet and being loved back.
Whilst it’s a warming feeling being around animals, there is often the need to leave them for days or weeks at a time. For example owners may wish to go on holiday abroad. Even just a business trip for 48 hours, animals need feeding and tending. Maybe you’ve got guinea pigs in the garden that need feeding each day, or maybe you’ve got chickens which need releasing from their pens to forage in your green green grass. Perhaps you’ve got a cat without a flap. It’s inconvenient having to leave them on their own. Let’s take a look at some of the kinds of pet franchises that are available.
What Types of Pet Franchise Opportunities are Available?
Leaving animals on their own whilst owners need to leave for holidays, work, whichever - is where one kind of pet franchise business presents itself. Pet boarding and pet hotel franchises are becoming increasingly popular, and increasing in demand too, both for the business opportunities and by customers for the services which they provide. With an effective scheduling system in place, you can efficiently book in animals to stay over at your house, or residence, whilst giving owners peace of mind that their pets are being well looked after. Don’t forget that with a franchise, you’ll often get all of the equipment you need (including booking systems), as part of the investment. Don’t forget to check franchises out as part of due diligence, and see what each offers as part of their package, in exchange for your investment.
Another kind of franchise, similar to the above, is dog walking. Dog walking franchises are in soaring demand. Because many owners need to commute to work, they don’t always find the time to walk their loved ones. With a dog walking franchise, whilst your own dog would probably be ideal, you may not even need a dog at, or to take dogs, home. Especially handy if you rent a property. Dog walking franchises can often be van based. You might find yourself collecting dogs in a van from owners, taking them to the place of walking, before returning them. Dog walking franchises may coincide with the pet boarding type franchises, where you’d hold onto the animals until the owner returns from work. A bit like a child minder. All dog owners would probably find the need to call a dog sitter or walker at some point in their life. Maybe they’ve bought a puppy that can’t spend 10 hours on its own, without needing the toilet/a walk. It’s clear as day light, that dog walking franchises are not only highly in demand, but highly profitable too.
Just a few of the most popular types of pet franchises include:
- Dog Walking Franchises (usually flexible working hours)
- Pet Sitting Franchises (usually home based)
- Dog Training and Obedience Franchises (usually lucrative)
- Pet Food Supplier Franchises (usually van based)
- Pet Washing Franchises
There are plenty of other diverse pet franchises, including horse transport, pet photography, and more, there's something for everyone.
Trending Pet Franchises
- Husse UK Franchise - Looking to get into business for yourself but not by yourself? Husse UK Franchise is able to offer just that. With comprehensive training and support, franchisees will regain control of their career with the luxury of business ownership. Husse UK Franchise is a flexible franchise opportunity which can either be run from home, or out in the field. You may need a premises or van for this franchise, so be sure to make an enquiry to check with the franchisor. Conveniently for many, the Husse UK Franchise can be run either full or part-time. Therefore the more work you put in, the more you're likely to get out. The Husse UK Franchise business has been established since 1987 so franchisees will have peace of mind that the business model has plenty of experience under its belt. Mistakes will have been made by the franchisor, but they'll have been learnt from, and perfected by other franchisees. Husse UK Franchise already has 1500 franchisees and counting, so you'll need to get in touch to check if your franchise is available. Franchise resales might be available too, where Husse UK Franchise businesses are sold with an existing customer base where the previous franchisee wishes to move on. - Find Out More About Husse UK Franchise
Pet Franchises Success Stories
Get an insight into a day in the life of a franchisee with Pet Franchises success stories. Read interviews with existing franchisees and learn about why they chose to become a Pet Franchises franchisee.
No case studies
Latest Franchise News
Read the latest Pet Franchises news and stories below including Pet Franchises awards, achievements and franchise developments within the Pet Franchises sector.
No recent news stories
Upcoming Discovery Days and Events
If you are interested in Pet Franchises then learn more about upcoming franchising events and discovery days below.