UK Prestige Car Brokers offer a unique, bespoke and free of charge service ...
Add to Enquiry Basket
Join the UK's number one community transport franchise and make a differenc...
Add to Enquiry Basket
Related Searches...Windscreen Repair Franchises
What are Automotive Franchises?
Automotive franchises are businesses that you can invest in and run as your own under the brand name of a proven business model. As you’d expect, these are businesses in the automotive sector, and this franchising sector is quite a diverse one. As with all franchises, the franchisor (the person that owns the intellectual property of the business) will, in exchange for your investment, give you the franchise license to trade under their brand name, and follow their procedures to lead a successful business in their footsteps. When investing in an automotive franchise, just like many others, the investment should also include a wealth of resources, training and support to get your business running.
Usually, automotive franchise training will either include residential training at the franchisors headquarters, training may be outsourced to provision by another company, and/or the training may place you with another franchisee for a hands-on approach. Rest assured, that the franchisor will do everything they can to help you succeed, because after all you’re using their brand and your success is their success.
Types of Automotive Franchises
There are so many types of automotive franchises, here are just some of the popular kinds of automotive franchises:
- Windscreen repair franchises – many windscreen repair automotive franchises are B2B (business to business), for example truck windscreen repairs; whilst some are also B2C (business to consumer), personal vehicle repairs which can be carried out quickly and affordably without needing to claim on one’s insurance. Windscreen repair franchises will usually be van based franchises, and so a van will either be included with the investment (or as a monthly rental fee), or you’ll be expected to use your own. A typical windscreen repair automotive franchise investment would cover the training, any equipment you need, and vehicle sign writing, but the package would vary so don’t forget to carry out due diligence.
- Vehicle retailing franchises – there are a number of automotive retail franchises where you’ll be selling cars or vans. Some vehicle retailing franchises may provide bespoke services to consumers, like vintage car hire and sales. Vehicle retailing franchises would likely expect you to have a premises (forecourt and shop) to sell your vehicles, but the franchisor should provide you with help when choosing a site that will get the most customers in your area.
- Mobile repairs franchise – nothings worse than finding that your car doesn’t start in the morning, making you late for work. Or maybe you’ve got a flat tyre. There are franchises for most types of automotive problems. Such as puncture repair franchises, wrong-fuel franchises and even van based franchises which supply and fit e-vehicle charging stations.
Looking for more ideas? Check out our best 10 automotive franchises blog.
With so many automotive franchises to choose from, and all of which are in constant and growing demand, it can be difficult to make a decision. When looking to invest in a franchise, enquire about multiple franchises, speak to existing franchisees, weigh out the benefits and dig deeply into the company’s history. Through due diligence, you can find out which businesses are reputable, and which you can see yourself running and renewing the franchise contract over and over again.
How much do automotive franchises cost?
The cost for automotive franchises depends greatly on the type of franchise you’re buying. Our franchise directory lists in the sidebar, low cost, trending and home based franchises which have been extracted from the automotive category. Low cost franchises are those priced under £15,000. Whilst everyone will have their own opinion on what constitutes a low cost business, with high street bank lending or franchise finance, you might find yourself investing less than £10,000 subject to your own credit status! Be sure to get in touch with different automotive franchises to see what sort of financial assistance they can provide.
Realistically, franchises which require you to have premises (like a workshop) would tend to be the most expensive (unless you have a workshop already). These kinds may require fitting of special franchise-branded equipment or machinery. Or for example, shopfront branding. On the other hand, mobile van-based workshop franchises would likely be cheaper because the vehicle can possibly be purchased on a monthly agreement, or at a special rate agreed between the supplier and franchisor. Once again it’s important to carry out due diligence and find out what each automotive franchise offers.
Ultimately, the best automotive franchises should include everything you need to hit the ground running, and this includes things like:
- Franchise Launch marketing – will your investment include a supply of leaflets to put through letterboxes? Will the franchisor get an ad placement for you in your local newspaper/magazine?
- Equipment – does the investment cover the stuff you’ll need or are you expected to buy this yourself? For example a car wash franchise – does the investment include uniforms, sponges and chemicals? And a puncture repair franchise – who pays for the van equipment fitting and initial tyre stock?
- Automotive Franchise Training – how much training will you receive? Is ongoing support available?
There are lots of different automotive franchises, a number of which are listed on our franchise directory! Take a look above to see what automotive franchises are for sale in your area. Don’t forget that the sidebar also shows low cost and home based automotive franchises, ones you can fit around your personal life and budget!
Trending Automotive Franchises
- UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise - UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise enables entrepreneurs to get into business for themeself but not by themself. Fully backed and supported by the franchisor, with comprehensive training and support, investing in a franchise enables you to regain control of your career. Get into business for yourself but not by yourself with one of the best Automotive Franchises UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise enables franchisees to run their own business from home. Enjoying the luuries of business ownership, UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise franchisees can benefit from low overheads, and a flexible lifestyle. Conveniently for many, the UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise can be run either full or part-time. Therefore the more work you put in, the more you're likely to get out. The UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise business has been established since 1998 so franchisees will have peace of mind that the business model has plenty of experience under its belt. Mistakes will have been made by the franchisor, but they'll have been learnt from, and perfected by other franchisees. UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise already has 6 franchisees, so opportunities are selling very quickly. You should get in touch with the franchisor to check whether your territory is still available to trade in. Territories are usually broken down by postcodes. - Find Out More About UK Prestige Car Brokers Franchise
- Driving Miss Daisy Franchise - Looking to get into business for yourself but not by yourself? Driving Miss Daisy Franchise is able to offer just that. With comprehensive training and support, franchisees will regain control of their career with the luxury of business ownership. Driving Miss Daisy Franchise is a flexible franchise opportunity which can either be run from home, or out in the field. You may need a premises or van for this franchise, so be sure to make an enquiry to check with the franchisor. One of the benefits of Driving Miss Daisy Franchise is that the business can be run on a part-time basis, adapting to your own lifestyle whilst being your own boss. The Driving Miss Daisy Franchise business has been established since 2014 so franchisees will have peace of mind that the business model has plenty of experience under its belt. Mistakes will have been made by the franchisor, but they'll have been learnt from, and perfected by other franchisees. Driving Miss Daisy Franchise already has 50 franchisees and counting, so you'll need to get in touch to check if your franchise is available. Franchise resales might be available too, where Driving Miss Daisy Franchise businesses are sold with an existing customer base where the previous franchisee wishes to move on. - Find Out More About Driving Miss Daisy Franchise
Automotive Franchises Success Stories
Get an insight into a day in the life of a franchisee with Automotive Franchises success stories. Read interviews with existing franchisees and learn about why they chose to become a Automotive Franchises franchisee.
No case studies
Latest Franchise News
Read the latest Automotive Franchises news and stories below including Automotive Franchises awards, achievements and franchise developments within the Automotive Franchises sector.
No recent news stories
Upcoming Discovery Days and Events
If you are interested in Automotive Franchises then learn more about upcoming franchising events and discovery days below.