Advertising Terms and Conditions
The following rules apply when adding a listing to the website. Failure to abide by these terms may result in your listing being suspended, your account (and leads) being removed, or even a permanent sitewide access ban.
You must not:
- Create multiple listings for the same franchise unless the brand is a resale, in which case the resale territory should be clearly identified on the listing title or in the logo.
If a listing exists under a different user account and you have taken over the previous owner’s role, you should get in touch so we can re-assign the profile.
- Post any content to the website which is hateful, disrespectful or of sexual nature. If your franchise business is of sexual nature (eg a toy shop…), this should be disclosed on the title or logo.
- Add listings solely for the purpose of attempted SEO gain.
You should not:
- Share your email address on the listing. Web scrapers may use this information to add you to unsolicited databases.
- Post duplicates of events that have already been created by other users.
It is recommended that you avoid:
- Posting the same (identical) content across multiple websites. Whilst it may seem harmless sharing the same article across multiple websites and franchise directories, it will devalue the article. Search engines choose what content they feel is relevant to the reader, and therefore may consider duplicates of the same content to be spammy and become excluded from search results, potentially losing you leads. Whilst Franchise Planet does add some variation to each page, make some small changes to each article you post so that it is unique.
- Posting massive images onto your profile and associated pages. Whilst some size limitations are in place, large images can slow down mobile page loading. The longer a page takes to load, the more likely visitors are to go elsewhere.
Visitor Terms and Conditions